Here’s a quick overview of all the places we stayed during our trip. Almost all of them were pre-booked through booking.com based mainly on location and price/feedback ratio. I think the place we liked most was Saiyuan Residence and the least Denay’s House. Generally I would recommend all of them except the latter.
- Bangkok – D&N Hostel. Link
- + Great location, reasonable prices, friendly staff
- – Basic rooms and breakfast, no cleaning included
- Chiang Mai – The Grace House. Link
- + Good location, tasty breakfast, extremely comfortable bed, hamsters in the lobby
- although mostly it was quiet the sound isolation was not the best
- Phuket – Saiyuan Residence. Link
- + Very beautiful and clean room, balcony, reasonable size pool and relaxation area, indoor parking for scooters, friendly and helpful staff, very good price
- – no kitchen as such, only a toaster and similar, if you don’t have your own scooter the location can be a bit far away from beaches,
- Langkawi – Zackry Guest House. Link
- + Good location right near the beach, great vending machines for drinks and snacks with awesome prices, small but decently equipped kitchen area, small pool
- – not very quiet, basic room, most of the staff were friendly but not all
- Kuala Lumpur – 10 Downtown Condominium. Link
- + big shared living area (between 3 rooms) with a balcony, huge kitchen, gym and a pool, washing machine, perfect location in the middle of most KL attractions
- – big shared living area 🙂 if somebody decides to get too noisy
- Singapore – Oxley Hotel. Link
- + compared to other Singapore accommodations a reasonable price, location relatively near to downtown
- – very basic and small room
- Jakarta – Pasar Baru Mansion. Link
- + very cosy room, big TV with numerous channels, huge pool, gym, daily cleaning if needed
- – construction works going on in some places of the building
- Bali – Denay’s House. Link
- + ok room, nice architecture and swimming pool, opportunity to order food to your room
- – VERY unprofessional staff, most of which don’t speak English, they’re keeping a monkey in a small cage, bad sound isolation. Generally wouldn’t recommend this place for anyone, if only for a couple days stay
- Narita – Narita Gateway Hotel. Link
- + a huge decent hotel with a separate restaurant and gym, very clean room, bath, good price compared to other nearby accommodations, good quality cleaning
- – location a bit further away from Narita but a free bus rides every once or twice an hour
In addition there were some places we stayed during our Bali round trip. I described these briefly in this post.
Narita and Singapore were in a class of their own related to accommodation costs. Others were pretty much the same with Chiang Mai and Bali being probably the cheapest. If you have any additional questions just let me know!
All the best!